UPDATE: Jan 29th We have closed this search, and will get started soon with the lab. We are looking for an enterprising student to help manage the new MakerLab (MakerLab.illinois.edu ) being set up in the College of Business in Spring 2013. The lab will provide a unique and valuable resource for Illinois business students and faculty to gain hands-on experiential learning with 3D printing and help them become "Makers". The lab will be open to all student organizations for projects and to faculty for class projects /research use.
The ideal candidate for this position will
- Be a Sophomore/Junior or a masters student in the first year.( so that we can consider employing him/her for a couple of semesters)
- Have skills in 3D design
- a DIY believer :Be willing to work with machines and technology (and even undertake minor repairs) ,
- Be willing to train others in using the technology.
- Manage the lab website and social media accounts.
- Assist in organizing promotional activities for the lab (offline/online)
- Be available 15-20 hours a week from the Spring semester( about 3 hours per day, flexible schedule) .
If you are interested and/or have any questions, please send your resume, and a short note on how you meet these requirements by email to UIMakerLab@illinois.edu. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in the first week of classes (Jan 14-19th) in Spring 2013 .